I just signed a petition demanding that Ugandan President Musevini veto the “Kill The Gays” bill should it be passed in Parliament.We just learned the “kill the gays” bill – a death sentence for LGBT people in Uganda – could come up for a vote in the next 72 hours if we don’t act now.
Conservative leaders are trying hard to push the bill forward before the millions like us who oppose it have a chance to speak out. If we can create a massive international outcry, theres a chance to stop this bill from becoming law.
This hateful bill appears to be a political diversion, a way to distract from the legitimate grievances of pro-democracy activists, who have been beaten, teargassed, jailed, and even killed in recent weeks.
There are only days left to make sure your voice is heard. Will you join me in demanding the Ugandan President Musevini veto the “Kill The Gays” bill should it be passed in Parliament? Sign and share this urgent petition:
- Ugandan “Kill The Gays” Bill Vote Possible Soon (queerlandia.com)
- Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill Kill the Gays Could Pass this Week Call to Action (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Alert: Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Bill is Getting its Hearing Today (lezgetreal.com)
- South Africa GLAAD Condemns Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill – Call for UN Sanctions Start (lezgetreal.com)
- Uganda President Museveni heading Straight into Idi Mode – Anti-Gay Bill, Kidnapping, Torture of Straight People (lezgetreal.com)